<$BlogRSDUrl$>
"It is fairly obvious that Trendle’s Ohio is not Ohio at all, but Fairyland; colored with the blues of Chicory, the cream of Queen Anne’s Lace, the bright, honeyed sorcery of Marigold, all bunched together in Trendle’s gathering-skirt. Even Farmer Shaw believes in the Lady of the Ellwood," Edwina Peterson Cross, Poetry Editor, Welcome Home

Thank you Winnie for your support, it means a lot to me, having you here. And everyone else, Welcome! I would like to have an adventure, lets walk down a trail and see what magic we can find, want to? There may be portals between the hedgerows and the corn fields so keep a good eye open. Whichever path we take let's keep nature close by our side and our hearts tuned to the divine, shall we? I have a feeling it's going to be grand. I'll meet you here by the blue door.

Updates and Columns

Sunday, May 16, 2004

Exploring May 

by Trendle Ellwood



Persia exploring nature as she touches her nose to a dandelion.

The Solomon’s seal is blooming with the Dame’s Rocket. The Dames Rocket has traveled all about the yard so that we are in a purple oasis. I have been thinking that perhaps next year I will add some bright orange Poppies and some purple-red Peonies that would bloom along with them but for this year I will just rest in my almost all purple May garden.

Merlin came by one day and he was wearing blue. I asked him what this could mean; always I have seen him in tan or brown before. He told me that he was dressed up to celebrate the coming out of the garden. This made me smile, you see he knows how fond I am of that color of blue and that I cannot help but paint it all around. It looks so good with the purple now too. The “Coming Out” of my garden, isn’t he a grand friend to celebrate what I love so?

I made 100 nosegays of flowers one day, and as I lay down to sleep that night, the Lily of the Valley fairies surrounded me. I was afraid that they would be angry with me as I had picked 100 of them times three that day, as I wanted each mother to have their beautiful scent and I put three of their pretty faces in each nosegay. But instead the Lily of the Valley fairies held me in their presence and they carried me and they loved me and they told me that they were glad that they had been taken from the garden and thrilled that their gladness would be spread to the hearts of so many the next day.

I have a couple of new friends who have moved in. They like the crevices that I fixed up for them from some of Windy’s old hollow logs.

I planted Windy’s base full of flowers.



Take a look into the apiary. The hives in the middle are the new swarm hives. The ones on the edges are getting tall.



Guess what that means! Yes! Honey! The locust trees are blooming now, their little white sprays of blossoms, wave all up and down these Ohio hills and the bees are happy with this pollen , plenty of rain and the warm days.

I am glad that I let nature wander about my yard, because if I did not I would have missed how delightful the little yellow mustard weeds look as they frame this Iris which was named Thick and Creamy and reminds me of butter.




Copyright © 2004, by Trendle Ellwood. All Rights Reserved.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?