<$BlogRSDUrl$>
"It is fairly obvious that Trendle’s Ohio is not Ohio at all, but Fairyland; colored with the blues of Chicory, the cream of Queen Anne’s Lace, the bright, honeyed sorcery of Marigold, all bunched together in Trendle’s gathering-skirt. Even Farmer Shaw believes in the Lady of the Ellwood," Edwina Peterson Cross, Poetry Editor, Welcome Home

Thank you Winnie for your support, it means a lot to me, having you here. And everyone else, Welcome! I would like to have an adventure, lets walk down a trail and see what magic we can find, want to? There may be portals between the hedgerows and the corn fields so keep a good eye open. Whichever path we take let's keep nature close by our side and our hearts tuned to the divine, shall we? I have a feeling it's going to be grand. I'll meet you here by the blue door.

Updates and Columns

Sunday, July 25, 2004

No Passport Needed 

by Trendle Ellwood
 
One time before I even knew what DNA was, I had a dream. There was a spaceship hovering in the sky. I wanted to go aboard, I wanted to so bad. A lady and I were looking through black bag after black garbage bag for a certain little piece of paper. I thought that all the files were loaded into these bags and we were trying to find my passport. I was looking for the passport that would let me board the space ship hovering in the sky. Then I heard a voice that filled the whole vacuum of air around me and the voice said, “The code is in your DNA.”

DNA? I didn’t know what it was; I had to look it up. That’s right I wasn’t paying attention in science class, I was daydreaming. I could remember that it was in science class that I had heard the word. I did a computer search; I found out that our DNA is our genetic code. DNA is the genetic "blueprints" of life. DNA is the part of a cell that contains and controls all of our genetic information. These genes are responsible for passing on traits from generation to generation. I read that scientists can decode the genetic markers found in our DNA to trace our ancestral roots back 10,000 years. Wow!

So my DNA is the code of my genetics. And the dream voice said that the code was in my DNA, the code to board the spaceship, how could this be? I had read that DNA was the code for what had already been written but how could it be written of what had yet to come about?  But then I guess it does store information, as a babe in the mother’s womb doesn’t know that he will grow to be 6 foot tall but the code is in his DNA is already set. Wouldn’t that little babe be so happy when he is six and feeling short and wishing that he could reach those basketball hoops like the big boys, wouldn’t he be happy if a voice filled the void and told him that he was going to grow to be six feet tall, that the code was in his DNA. This makes me so happy too, to know that I will grow that tall.

The dream voice has not said so but I am suspecting that the spaceships are hovering now. We won’t waste time looking for our passports, the code is inside of us. Lets listen to it, feel how it vibrates, and allow it to sing. Lets get ready to fly , our space ship will recognize us and take us aboard. After all the code is in our DNA.

Copyright © 2004, by Trendle Ellwood. All Rights Reserved.


Are Your Ficus Trees Getting Enough Wind?

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?